The Hobsons Bay Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Ang from Altona

2 posters

Go down

Anthony Ang from Altona Empty Anthony Ang from Altona

Post by Anthony Ang Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:52 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Anthony Ang, the founder of this Hobsons Bay Community Online Forum. I live in the western part of Altona near the Westona Train Station and in close proximity with Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

I am originally a Chinese from Singapore and have been in Melbourne since 2003. My wife was a medical doctor from Xi'An City, China. We would love to get know more people and local communities in the area. I believe that there are many other people like us who are interested in knowing more about our neighbourhoods but may be shy, time-poor or simply do not know of the channels to do so. It is with this thinking in mind that inspires me to create this community forum, hoping that it will help to foster communications and build networks within the community.

I am currently a Research Assistant in Neuroimaging with the Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Centre (MNC) at the University of Melbourne. MNC conducts research on a wide range of neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, substance abuse, addiction, etc. I manage the imaging data collection of MNC, providing administrative support to the research activities. I also teach students and research assistants, neuroimaging methods to help them with their research projects. I was previously a secondary school teacher, teaching Biology and Chemistry in Singapore. My educational qualifications are in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Education, Business Administration and Information Technology.

I have a wide range of interests, including blogging, photography, IT stuff, nature exploration, travel, reading, following news, music, watching TV, cooking, going to gym and so on. Check out my Altona Blog!

So much about myself. Do you mind telling us something about you?

Please do not hesitate to contact me to offer suggestions of improving the forum, blog and other social media. I will also be enthusiastic to be involved in your activities.

I will greatly appreciate if you can help to share and promote this Forum and Blog to your relatives, friends, colleagues and acquaintances, as I believe these social platforms will be beneficial to our communities and will improve the liveability of our areas in the long run.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best regards
Anthony Ang
December 2010

Anthony Ang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anthony Ang from Altona Empty Re: Anthony Ang from Altona

Post by Swathy M Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi everyone on the community Smile
                     I'm Swathy M, living in Altona meadows. I'm an indian, new to australia(Reached juz before 2 months) and i'm here for my husband. My husband name is Vigknesh. He's working for RSH aus pvt ltd. Right now m spending my time at home lesiurely Smile
                     I'm a Master of Engineering (Communication systems) holder and have work experience of 1.5 years in IT industry in India. Right now i'm looking to start my career in Melbourne and ready to take up any entry level job.
                      As a humble junior in this community, i seek help from seniors to guide me on this place, job as well as other stuffs out of here in this area Smile

Thanks people,
Swathy,
January 2014.

Swathy M

Back to top Go down