The Hobsons Bay Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunset Thai restaurant on Pier St

3 posters

Go down

Sunset Thai restaurant on Pier St Empty Sunset Thai restaurant on Pier St

Post by Alexander Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Has anyone tried the new Thai restaurant on Pier St? I have, and it was fantastic. Great food, and great atmosphere...an authentic Thai feel to the place. It is at the northern end of Pier St, towards the council offices if anyone wants to give it a try.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Sunset Thai restaurant on Pier St Empty Re: Sunset Thai restaurant on Pier St

Post by Anthony Ang Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for the recommendation. We will try. How is the price? Remember the last time when I drove past, the restaurant was packed with people. I have 2 friends living in the apartments above. They told me the hairdresser there is so busy with her business, catering solely to the apartment residents that she has to employ another helper. I also noticed the small gym there is also often full of people. Heard that there is another apartment block coming up opposite. Appears that the entire Pier Street will be undergoing transformation!

Anthony Ang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeInAltona Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:24 am

Yes we've tried it too - as takeaway, rather than sit down, and were very pleased... Really quite nice Thai... and appeared to be relatively kid friendly.

The takeaway menu is now firmly affixed to the fridge

Always on the lookout for new recommendations... I would love a really good indian restaurant closer to home - but have not found one. Apparently there is a good one in South Kingsville.

This person is also blogging up some interesting places further afield - But still only 15 min drive away
http://footscrayfoodblog.blogspot.com/

JakeInAltona

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Ang Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 am

JakeInAltona wrote:
This person is also blogging up some interesting places further afield - But still only 15 min drive away
http://footscrayfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Interesting, someone recommended this blog to me only about a week ago. He lives very near me and we are supposed to me but still haven't had the opportunity.

I will strongly recommend the Sapa Hills Restaurant at 112 Hopkins St, Footscray. It serves Vietnamese/Chinese food, which is delicious and reasonably-priced (most are less than $10 and come in big portions).

Anthony Ang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:14 pm

For Indian in Altona, you could try the following at Harrington Square;

Gulati's Restaurant

23 Harrington Square, Altona

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content